How to Host a 1960’s Themed Party!
Hosting a 1960’s themed party has limitless possibilities for décor, attire, music and food! Known as a transitional period, the 60s were full of bold patterns and colors, various styles of music and fashion trends from hippie to mod men. Display Group has the inventory for props and décor to decorate any sized venue with any style of 1960’s décor! Check out our ideas below for hosting a smashin’ 60s themed party and how we can help you make your event cool!
• Hippie bug cut out
• Jukebox façade
• EPS peace signs
• Bean bag chairs
• Beaded curtains
• LED dance floor
• Jackson Five statue
• The Supremes statute
• Custom backdrops – can be designed with any pattern, color or picture
• Cut outs
• Light towers and tables with graphics
• Black light posters
• Lava lamps
• White string curtains
Clothes & Dancing
Both the clothing style and the music of the 1960’s era were quite unique!
• Tye-Dye, Plaid Shirts/Pants, Mini Skirts,
• Hot Pants, Velvet Pants, Turtlenecks
• Leather Boots, Go-Go Boots, Patent Leather Heels
• A-Line Dresses, Shirt Waist Dresses
• The Beatles
• The Doors
• The Rolling Stones
• Simon & Garfunkel
• Righteous Brothers
• Jerry Garcia
Food & Drinks
The following is a list of some of the more popular 1960’s foods and drinks.
1960 Food Ideas
• Main Course – Casseroles, Kabobs, Meat Loaf, Chicken Pot Pies
• Appetizers – Deviled Eggs, Fondue, Cocktail Meatballs/Wieners, Shrimp Cocktail
• Desert – Jell-O Mold, Red Velvet Cake, Ambrosia
1960 Drink Ideas
• Colas, Root Beer Floats
• Martinis, Daiquiris, Manhattans
Contact our experienced team of event specialists to help you throw your 1960’s themed party in style!